If the reply to our prayers will typically be “no,” why can we pray within the first place? I’ve little doubt that our lists of private causes are diverse and quite a few:
- We imagine in God.
- We search to deepen that relationship with God.
- We thank and reward God for the presents in our life.
- We search consolation in our struggling.
- We ask for prayers in our want.
- We pray for others.
- We search to see what will get in the best way of our relationship with God.
- We discern God’s will for us.
I’m wondering, although, why God needs us to hope. While I’m positive many others may articulate this higher than I, my very own ideas are:
- God deeply needs a relationship with us.
- God needs all of our lives, a lot so, that our means of being with God impacts all of our doing. Prayer transforms us interiorly so our outward lives mirror God.
- God needs us to acknowledge our dependence on God. In doing so, we present our belief in God and we acknowledge our nice Creator, who has the facility to do something.
What are your ideas? Why can we pray? Why does God need us to hope?
Photo by Naassom Azevedo on Unsplash.
Previous articleFive Ways to Relate to Family Members Spiritually Becky Eldredge is a author and non secular director in Baton Rouge, LA. The writer of Busy Lives & Restless Souls and The Inner Chapel, Becky holds Bachelors and Masters Degrees in Education from Louisiana State University and a Masters in Pastoral Studies from Loyola University New Orleans. She has her Certificate in Spiritual Direction from Spring Hill College. Becky has been concerned in ministry for greater than 15 years, with nearly all of her work in retreat ministry and grownup religion formation. While ministry is one in all her passions, her best pleasure is sharing life together with her husband, Chris, and her kids, Brady, Abby, and Mary.